Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Joy

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners, a bit later than usual. This is the misty day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

Due to a balky PC, I could not get through earlier. I think that was God playing a trick on me, because I was going to write about "joy". I was not joyful over the PC acting up, but all is forgiven, now.

Because of the all day rain, yesterday, I did not walk in the Park, but hope to today. When I went out early this morning, the half-moon was shining brightly, so, we should have some sun today. I am really thankful for the rain, though. We sorely needed it!

From the Promise Bible:

Where does joy come from?

Nehemiah 8:10 "Nehemiah continued, "Go and celebrate with a feast of choice foods and sweet drinks, and share gifts of food with people who have nothing prepared. This is a sacred day before our Lord. Don't be dejected and sad, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

Zephaniah 3:17 "The Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty Savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love he will calm all your fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Our joy springs from God's love, which is not dependent on circumstances nor on our performance. When we trust in his love for us, we are far less vulnerable to the depression and despair that could come from our problems and disappointments.

Revelation 21:4 "He will remove all of their sorrows, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. For the old world and its evils are gone forever."

Our joy is rooted in the certainty of heaven, where we will be fully and finally liberated from the trials and troubles of this life.

How can I be joyful in hard times?

Philippians 4:4,12 "Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again-rejoice! I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little".

Joy is a choice. We may not realize it, but we choose our moods and our attitudes. God's promises in Christ are the basis for choosing joy no matter what we face.

I always thank God for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis