Friday, July 13, 2007

Problems

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the warm, humid day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

When you step outside before sunrise, and the temperature is over 80, then you know it will be a hot day! But the sunrise is beautiful and this is Florida, so this is what we can expect...

I stopped in at the Park to see Terry and wish him and Gail a good trip to Michigan. He leaves today, not caring that it is Friday the 13th. :o) Several people that I know are leaving on vacations, but we expect to be here holding down the fort, so to speak.

From the Promise Bible:

What do I do when problems overwhelm me?

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation-so why should I be afraid? The Lord protects me from danger-so why should I tremble?"

Problems can turn our eyes from the Lord. Use them, instead, as opportunities to turn our eyes to the Lord for his protection, his guiding light, and his saving power.

Psalm 145:14 "The Lord helps the fallen and lifts up those bent beneath their loads."

God finds the fallen and never passes them by. When we feel we can't go another step, he shoulders our loads, easing our pain and our burden.

Psalm 42:5-6 "Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will prase him again-my Savior and my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember your kindness-from Mt. Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar."

Remember God's mercy. He has been faithful in the past and will be faithful in the future. Memory ignites the fire of hope and drives away the darkness of despair.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis