Thursday, July 5, 2007

Psoaring thru Psalms 63:1

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the overcast day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Even thought the clouds were thick, I saw the lop-sided moon casting it light on the clouds covering it.

We had a good rain yesterday, but not enough to dampen the firecrackers going off around the neighborhood until late!

Not many people were in the park yesterday, which I thought would be full of picnickers. I walked in WalMart instead of the park...somehow it is not the same! :o) But it was a quiet day and those are a blessing.

From Quiet Moments:

Morning by Morning

"O God, thou art my God, Early will I seek thee'"

Great is Thy faithfulness, Oh God my father!
Morning by morning, new mercies I see.
All I have needed, Thy hands hath provided.
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.

There's something fresh and new about the beginning of each day. As sun filters through the trees, as birds begin their morning song, as day dawns , there is a new awareness of God's hand at work in our hearts and lives. Yesterday is past; tomorrow is still a day away. But today offers a new beginning-here and now.

"In the morning, O lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation." Psalm 5:3...

Just as a good night's sleep refreshes the body, so a quiet moment with God at daybreak revitalizes our spirit before the day's responsibilities descend upon us. Starting the day with a holy hush before the morning rush can make the difference between a day wasted and a day well lived.

"Rejoicing comes in the morning." Psalm 30:5

No matter what happened yesterday, you have today. It is a gift from your Heavenly Father. Open your heart to a quiet moment with God. May these gently, joyful devotionals help you celebrate your faith in God, renew your mind, refresh your spirit, and encourage your heart.

All the troubles of life come upon us because we refuse to sit quietly for a while each day in our rooms.
Blaise Pascal

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis