Friday, September 28, 2007

Psoaring thru Psalms

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the beautiful day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside this morning, the whole neighborhood was lit up with the full moon's brightness. I could see Venus in the east valiantly shining its brightest, to keep up with the moon. God created the heavens for our enjoyment!

I had a good walk yesterday, but the parking at the Park, was not so pleasant. They are still cutting up sidewalk to pour new, and concrete dust was blowing all over, so I have a coated car. But that can be washed off, so no matter. I went out to the tower, not really expecting to see Mama gator and sure enough, she was gone, as are the babies.

Ma and Pa gallinule are still there. They must have a nest somewhere, but I haven't been able to see it. One of them was on the teeter-totter limb again, walking very carefully. She must know that it tips!

On my way back to the entrance bridge, I turned into the first covered shelter, and heard a loud splash and saw ripples on the water, so, sure enough, there was a large gator looking very satisfied. Apparently, he just had breakfast! I looked once more for the large spider web and it was still there with a large dragon fly caught in it. RIP, dragon fly.

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 8
O Lord, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth!
Your glory is higher than the heavens.

You have taught children and nursing infants to give you praise.
They silence your enemies who were seeking revenge.

When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers--
the moon and stars you have set in place--
what are mortals that you should think of us,
mere humans that you should care for us?

For you made us only a little lower than God,
and you crowned us with glory and honor.
You put us in charge of everything you made,
giving us authority over all things--
the sheep and the cattle
and all the wild animals,
the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea,
and everything that swims the ocean currents.

O Lord, our Lord, the majesty of your name fills the earth!


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis