Friday, October 12, 2007

My Morning Prayer

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the cool day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

Wow! When I stepped outside this morning, the breeze was coming from the north and is really, really, Fall like! The temp. is in the low seventies for a welcome change, which is very invigorating. Looks like a good walk coming up.

I noticed day before yesterday a remarkable giant X in the sky. We usually do not see contrails in the summer, but this was a warm day. I saw the space shuttle contrail a couple weeks ago, and that is not unusual, but the X really impressed me. Means winter and cooler weather might just be around the corner.

I enjoyed the walk yesterday, but it was warmer than the day before. A lady I hadn't seen before started talking with me and asked if I wasn't afraid to walk alone. I told her I had been doing it for twenty years or more and used to walk in the dark with my flashlight lighting the way. She said maybe she had been watching too much TV.

I have never been afraid at the Park of people...just running into spiders. I invented a new dance early one morning when I walked into a web stretched across the boardwalk, and had this huge golden orb spider on my jacket..now that was scary! :o) God has always been my protector.

This is a repeat, but very appropriate for today or every day. I read this prayer each morning.

"Oh, God, for another day, for another morning, for another hour for another minute, for another chance to live and serve Thee, I am truly grateful."

Do Thou this day free me
from all fear of the future
from all bitterness toward anyone
from all cowardice in face of danger
from all laziness in face of work
from all failure before opportunity
from all weakness when Thy power is at hand.

But fill me
with Love that knows no barrier
with Sympathy that reaches all
with Courage that cannot be shaken
with Faith strong enough for darkness
With Strength sufficient for my tasks
with Loyalty to Thy Kingdom Goal
with Power to lift me to Thee.

Be Thou with me for another day and use me
as Thou wilt for Christ's sake, I pray.
Amen.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis