Thursday, November 15, 2007

Peace

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the cool, beautiful day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I stepped outside this morning early, and just stood in the very cool pre-dawn darkness and admired the galaxy of stars! Seems like they were all visible with Venus still outshining them all in the high east.

The baby gators were not visible yesterday, but as I looked up the canal, I think I saw Mama's head a little ways up from the shelter. Perhaps she has had enough of people climbing down to get at her babies, and moved them away from the shelter. I hope so!

As I approached the tower, I was delighted to see an osprey soaring, gliding and hovering over the lake. Since this is mating time, maybe they had already built a nest and one was sitting on eggs, because this was a lone one. I just stood and watched the osprey and the skimmers swooping down to skim fish out of the lake.

On my way home, I saw a Cooper's hawk on the wire by our lake, and later, saw a drama when a mother duck and four babies wee in the middle of the street and the Cooper hawk came swooping low for a baby. Mama clucked and spread her wings as the babies gathered close to her. She had about two dozen babies a couple days ago, so apparently the hawks have been busy. ..The survival of the fittest!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How can I find peace within?

Isaiah 9:6-7
"A child is born to us, a son is given to us. And the government will rest on his shoulders. these will be his royal titles: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. His ever expanding, peaceful government will never end. He will rule forever with fairness and justice from the throne of his ancestor David. The passionate commitment of the lord Almighty will guarantee this! "

Lasting peace comes only from Jesus Christ, the Prince of Peace. He rules over all creation!

Psalm 29:11
"You are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory."

Our peace comes from knowing that we are under God's protection. As a watchman keeps guard over a city, so the Lord watches over us day and night.

Isaiah 26:3
"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you!"

We find peace when we remove our eyes from our problems and rivet our attention on our Lord."

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, love and joy!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis ( I am thankful for friends who care, and for God's provision.)