Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Good morning Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the beautiful day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It is good to be back online and hopefully, will stay that way for a while!

We have been having such good weather. I have enjoyed my walks in the park, except for Sunday afternoon. There is something about solitude for me that I really like, but hordes of people were out Sunday afternoon, quite a crowd hanging over the railings at the shelter trying to see the baby gators.

Mama has wisely moved them up aways, so I saw her Monday on my way out, but she was under the water when I came back. I did not see the babies, but I'm sure they were around.

I also enjoy seeing the fat, black lazy gators sunning on the banks these days. We have lots of woodstorks by every body of water nearby. Seems like they are more visible than last year. We also have the tiny wren like birds hopping on our yard, very energetically.

I heard a soft noise coming down the boardwalk from the tower, and stopped and looked in all the leaves, and finally spied a woodpecker intent on clearing off the bark on a maple tree. God is Good!

From the Guideposts 2006 planner, here are some Thanksgiving thoughts:

"Children dressed as pilgrims, families gathered around turkey and pumpkin pie, football on the front lawn, cold crisp air, a fire in the grate. these are the treasures of November.
How long has it been since you've counted the treasure buried in your life? Unearth a unique spiritual treasure each day . Uncover a hidden potential God has placed inside you. Discover a new friend, rediscover an old one. Dig up a forgotten promise in the Bible.
Open your eyes to the invisible ways God is loving you. You will find that you are richer than you think!"

A Prayer for November

My heart is filled with thanks, Lord,
For the harvest You bestow,
Not only for the grains and fruits
that you have caused to grow,
But for the harvest of the soul.
The good things that I feel,
The closeness of my family,
The friendships that are real...
and Thank You, Lord, for planting
These seeds within me too,
A thirst for knowledge,
cherished dreams,
A faith that's deep and true.
--Alice Joyce Davidson

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis (I am thankful for friends and family and God's Love)