Monday, December 3, 2007

Planning

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the beautiful day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! If any of you early risers stepped outside this morning, you would have seen the glory of Venus and the crescent moon shining brilliantly in the southeastern sky! God created the heavens for us to enjoy! And to marvel at His artistry.

This is a little late this morning, due to the PC not connecting with the internet for some reason. Anyway, here I am and ready for a Monday as I hope you all are.

I had a funny experience with one of the squirrels living in our oak tree. He was fussing and fussing and I looked up to find him, and discovered him looking down at me from high up. So I asked him what was wrong and he scampered down the long branch and sat right over my head fussing. I went into the garage and brought out two peanuts and placed one on the tree where he likes to sit (sometimes I put crunchy peanut butter on it). Well, anyway, curiosity got the best of him, so he raced down the tree, picked up the peanut and climbed back up to eat it. This family of squirrels is not as friendly as the old family, but they moved on. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How am I supposed to plan my life?

Proverbs 2:1-11 "My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense for the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of justice and protects those who are faithful to him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will know how to find the right course of action every time. For wisdom will enter your heart , and knowledge will fill you with joy. Wise planning will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe."

A plan is only as good as the information upon which it is based . Our human intellect is limited and inadequate. Apart from the Lord, our plans are liable to fail. The Lord promises wisdom to those who rely on his word and depend on his Spirit.

Proverbs 3:5-6 "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths."

As we seek God he will guide us in making our plans.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis