Friday, January 4, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is another cool day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The misty quarter moon and the misty Venus were valiantly striving to cast their light when I stepped out this morning. But the day is clear and cold now, with promises to warm up to the sixties.

Yesterday, Mama duck with her five ducklings were right outside the garage door when I opened it, and did not seem to be bothered by the cold. They just seem to bed down in someone's yard for the night and she spreads her wings and keeps them all warm. I always thought ducks liked to be near water, but no water is near in our street and they waddle up and down all day. God has created all things!

I drove through the park yesterday and very few people were brave enough to be out walking... only those intrepid people with dogs! Everything was quiet and green, except for the trees that are now barren. I saw ibises and anhingas with feathers ruffled, but no sign of gators! Too cold!

"I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11 NLT

God is in control of all things and always has been. Jesus Christ, who is now resurrected and ruling, will govern and guide us in the best possible ways.

"God's secret plan has now been revealed to us; it is a plan centered on Christ, designed long ago according to his good pleasure. And this is his plan: at the right time he will bring everything together under the authority of Christ--everything in heaven and on earth." Ephesians 1:9-10

Do not doubt God's good intentions for us. The wonder of creation, the evidence of his constant care, and the priceless gift of Jesus Christ for our salvation give us confidence that he will establish all who trust in him.


A Prayer for the New Year

For answering my many prayers,
For helping me through trials and cares,
I thank you!

For dreams to dream, for plans to make,
For brand new goals to undertake,
I thank you!

For giving me the zest and will
To keep me reaching higher still.
I thank you, Lord, I thank you!
Alice Joyce Davidson

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis