Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Psalm of Thanksgiving

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the cool wet day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I heard the rain come through early this morning, but stayed in bed and just listened, thankful for the shelter that God provides for us.

Due to the high winds, the boardwalk at the Park was closed yesterday, so I didn't walk, but did drive into the park and noticed many people walking their dogs and enjoying just sitting on the benches, enjoying the peacefulness.

Unfortunately, many changes are coming to the County parks, due to budget cuts... no more supervisors, except five, and no one to call when trees fall on the boardwalk. This all starts in July. Not being an activist, I wish I could do something, so I will keep praying for a way to let my feelings be known.

But, God is in control, and He is GOoD!

Psalm 100 NLT

Shout with joy to the Lord, O earth!
Worship the Lord with gladness.
Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.
For the Lord is good,
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to each
generation.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis (Then came Sunday)