Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Judgment

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I was surprised to feel the cool air when I stepped outside this morning! 68 may not seem cool to some of you all, but after lows of high seventies, it was most welcome.

When I set out the sprinklers, I noticed and heard a mockingbird singing on our roof, and then saw another one with a twig in its beak flying to build a nest. Spring and summer all around! God is good!

As I walked out to the shelter yesterday, I noticed Mama gator a little distance away, almost submerged in the water. This one is younger than the Mama gator that built her nest at the old place. I didn't see any babies at first, but then one finally came out from under the bridge. I think they try to avoid people, because a coke can and water bottle and styrofoam cup were all thrown down where they hang out, and there is a trash can just across the boardwalk. I don't understand the thinking of people who do things like that. If I had had a "grabber" I would have picked the trash up. Sigh. Anyway, I walked on to the Tower and when I came back, Mama was under the shelter and two babies were out. She really guards them.

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How will I be able to face the judgment of God?

Romans 5:9-10 "Since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's judgment. For since we were restored to friendship with God by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be delivered from eternal punishment by his life."

Our hope is based on the fact that Jesus Christ stood in our place for judgment. God no longer looks at us as enemies but as friends-even as his own children.

Romans 8:1-2 Now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. For the power of the life-given Spirit has freed you through Christ Jesus from the power of sin that leads to death."

Jesus Christ has relieved us from the threat of condemnation and death.

How does the future judgment affect my life now?

1 Corinthians 3:11-15 No one can lay any other foundation than the one we already have-Jesus Christ. Now anyone who builds on that foundation may use gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw. But there is going to come a time of testing at the judgment day to see what kind of work each builder has done. Everyone's work will be put through the fire to see whether or not it keeps its value. If the work survives the fire that builder will receive a reward. But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builders themselves will be saved, but like someone escaping through a wall of flames."

The promise of salvation does not eliminate our responsibility. God has given us all that is necessary to lead meaningful, spiritually productive lives. We ignore his promises and provisions at great risk.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis