Friday, May 23, 2008

Problems

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside this morning, the sky was covered with heavy clouds and I could see brightness where the moon was hidden, so I waited and soon a triangular break blew over the moon and it was revealed for a brief moment! God is good!

Now, the sun has come out and blue sky is showing in some areas, but looks like another partly rainy day in here. This is good after our long drought.

We saw the showy peacock with tail feathers fanned out, as we drove into the park yesterday. He always picks a garage door to stand in front of as he flaunts his beauty! Proud as a peacock!

I also saw several anhingas drying out their wings.. not nearly as beautiful as a peacock, but God made all creatures different and lovely in their own ways.

From the Promise Bible NLT:

What do I do when problems overwhelm me?

Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid?
The Lord protects me from danger--so why should I tremble?

Problems can turn our eyes from the Lord. Use them, instead, as opportunities to turn our eyes to the Lord for his protection, his guiding light, and his saving power.

Psalm 145:14 The Lord helps the fallen and lifts up those bent beneath their loads.

God finds the fallen and never passes them by. When we feel we can't go another step he shoulders our loads, easing our pain and burden.

Psalm 42:5-6 Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again-my Savior and my God! Now I am deeply discouraged, but I will remember your kindness-from Mount Hermon, the source of the Jordan, from the land of Mount Mizar.

Remember God's mercy. He has been faithful in the past and will faithful in the future. Memory ignites the fire of hope and drives away the darkness of despair.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis