Thursday, June 5, 2008

Psoaring through Psalm 121

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the breezy day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it!

I heard a big thunderclap about midnight and listened for the rain to follow, but didn't hear any. However, this morning everything is very wet and fresh looking, so we did get a shower! God is good!

Yesterday, Matthew and I took a quick walk to the shelter, (it was late morning) and saw three gator babies in fairly clear water. The rain had cleared up the usually murky canal. Mama was under the shelter keeping a watchful eye on the brood.

Later in the afternoon, we drove in to try to see Terry, who had called, and we saw a lovely bride in her white gown and the groom in his tux, having photos taken on the berm by the canal. It was hot and humid but they took a lot of pictures, on the bench ,and moved on elsewhere, just the couple and the photographer and assistant.

Meanwhile, Matthew had spied a gopher tortoise near the couple, and wanted me to stop so he could pick it up. I did stop, but he got cold feet and didn't want to interfere with the photo-taking, I told him people were walking dogs and walking right by the couple, and finally, after I agreed to walk to the edge of the road with him, he quickly pick up the gopher, just so he could tell his Dad. Life is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 121
I look up to the mountains-
does my help come from there?
My help comes from the Lord,
who made the heavens and the earth!

He will not let you stumble and fall,
the one who watches over you will not sleep.
Indeed, he who watches over Israel
never tires and never sleeps.

The Lord himself watches over you!
The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade.
The sun will not hurt you by day, nor the moon by night.
The Lord keeps you from all evil and preserves your life.
The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go.
both now and forever.

I always give thanks for you remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis