Friday, August 22, 2008

Change

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It is windy and cloudy today from Fay. Will that storm never leave Florida? Only God knows, and He is good!

Yesterday I had time to go to the Mall with my newly coiffed hair, and really enjoyed myself. Then I came back home and thanked Brian for the break, and decided to go to Sawgrass to check up on the gators. Well, it was hot and windy, but I walked with an umbrella to block the sun, and there was Mama gator, back at the bottom of the nest, and no babies.

I am sure she must have heard something, but the hatching time must be close or she would not have gone up on top. So, stay tuned!

On my way home, I saw beauty in the ditch alongside the road. Some roseate spoonbills were pecking alongside woodstorks and ibis. If we just take time to look, we can see God's handiwork in unexpected places!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Where can I find security and hope in the midst of tumult and change?

Lamentations 5:19 Lord, you remain the same forever! Your throne continues from generation to generation.

Malachi 3:6 I am the Lord, and I do not change. That is why you descendants of Jacob are not already completely destroyed.

James 1:17 Whatever is good and perfect comes to us from God above, who created all heaven's lights. Unlike them, he never changes or casts shifting shadows.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Both our security and our hope are rooted in God's unchanging character. People will make promises one day but disappoint us the next. Sin or circumstances beyond their control prevent them from keeping their promises,. God's faithfulness and love, however, are not subject to the fluctuations of time, space or human mortality. We will never suffer because of God's fickle whims, irrational mood swings , or inability to handle the circumstances.

Are there any unchanging principles that can help me stay anchored?

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever.

Mark 13:31 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will remain forever.

God's word gives us the truth that never changes. We find strength and courage when we listen--not to the voices of public opinion-but to God.

Are there some changes that are too overwhelming for our faith?

Psalm 46:1,2 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear, even if earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea.

Faith is the answer to fear. No amount of change in our life will affect God's care for us.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis