Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Will of God

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the non-hurricane day that the Lord had made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! As I stepped outside very early this morning, the full moon was shining through the wispy clouds and everything seemed calm. So thank you, God, for turning the storm away from us!

I see dark, rainy-looking clouds outside now, and the wind is picking up, but nothing like a storm.

God is good!

Yesterday I stopped in the Park, after Terry called to say he was back from vacation. We had a nice chat about his trip and other issues. His time at the park will end in five weeks, when he will retire because of all the changes coming up. I will miss seeing him and all the others assigned to various other work, as well.

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Does God really have a plan for my lift?

Psalm 139:3 You chart the path ahead of me, and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment you know where I am.

Psalm 32:8 The Lord says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."

Ephesians 1:11 Because of Christ, we have received an inheritance from God, for he chose us from the beginning, and all things happen just as he decided long ago.

Psalm 138:8 The Lord will work out his plans for my life--for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me.

God has a plan for our lives. It is not an unthinking, automated script that we must follow. It is a journey with various destinations and appointments and a great deal of freedom as to the pace and scope of the travel. God's plan for us will always have a sense of mystery, but we can be certain that he will guide us as long as we rely on his leading.

Jeremiah 29:11 "I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

Sometimes we are tempted to question God's will for our lives, thinking he has made a mistake. God promises to give us the best as we follow his ways. Ultimately, even what looks like a mistake can become the means to something wonderful.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis