Thursday, September 18, 2008

Night Driving

Good morning, dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside this morning, the moon was mistily shining through the light clouds and the air was  a little bit cooler.  So, with the acorns falling and the temp. down a little, fall must be just around the corner! 

When I walked yesterday, I thought I would not be so warm, but by the end, it didn't feel like fall! I noticed the raccoons have been busy eating berries, from the looks of the "scat" on the first bridge...lots of berries! I once again, stopped at the first gator nest and saw signs of many trips back and forth, so I decided to look under the  first covered shelter and, sure enough, there was a baby swimming under the bridge to the shelter! I only saw one, but I don't know if it was from the second nest or the first.

Anyway, I walked on to the big nest and counted six little ones, three huddled together and the others swimming and climbing on the nest. No sign of Mama, though. She may have been under my feet, but I'm sure she was nearby.

I went on to the tower and looked down at a green heron, who was looking up at me, then my eye was caught by an osprey circling lazily around and around. I was hoping to see it hover, but instead, after coasting five times around, it suddenly dived straight down with a great splash and came up with a good-sized fish in its claws, and took off! God is great!

From the book Quiet Moments with God for teachers:

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and light unto my path. Psalm 119:105 NIV

A woman confessed to a friend her confusion and hesitancy about an important life decision she was facing. She professed to believe in God but could not bring herself to rely on her faith to help choose her path.

She asked her friend how she could possibly believe her decision would be right when she couldn't even see tomorrow.

Her friend thought and finally said, "Here's how I look at it. You know when you're driving down a dark country road  with no streetlights to give you any notion of where you are? It's a little scary. But you rely on the headlights. Now, those headlights may only show you ten yards of road in front of you, but you see where to go for that little stretch. And as you travel that ten-yard stretch of road , the headlights show you ten more yards, and ten more, until eventually you reach your destination safe and sound.

"That's how I feel about living by faith. I may not be able to see tomorrow, next week, or next year, but I know that God will give me the light to find my way when I need it."

When you come to the edge of all the light you know and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown. Faith is knowing one of two things will happen. There will be something solid to stand on, or you will be taught how to fly.
Barbara J. Winter

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis