Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Patience Part 2

Good morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside early this morning, I was bathed by the cool air, with the wind blowing, reminding me that this is really fall. The half moon was hanging brightly in the eastern sky, with stars twinkling around it. God is Awesome!

Well, I had an adventure with a rental van yesterday. After delivering my Odyssey to the body shop, we waited for the rental company to get us to take us to the office to get a car, which turned out to be a 2008 Grand Caravan. Not being familiar with late model cars, the mgr. showed me the doorlocks, window controls, air and radio, and then left me to learn the rest.

Long story short, she never checked me out on the ignition "key". When I got home and turned off the car, not looking at the "key", I came in and laid it on the counter, and when I went to get in the van again, discovered no "key". After calling the rental co. and them telling me the outrageous cost of cutting another key, I looked everywhere for the missing "key". I called AAA and had an amusing conversation with the agent and after two hours, the Lockman called me and told me the fob is the "key". I put it in the ignition and the car immediately started. Duh! I felt so stupid! Just shows you are never too old to learn something new!

BTW, I needed patience yesterday!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

If God loves me, why do I have to wait patiently?

Daniel 10:12-13 He said, "Don't be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to our prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I lift him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia."

Daniel prayed expectantly but had to wait because there was spiritual interference. We may not understand why God's response to our prayer seems delayed, but we can be assured that the Lord will overcome all opposition. Remember that from the time we begin to pray, God hears us.

Romans 5:3-5 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us--they help us learn to endure. And endurance develops strength of character in us, and character strengthens our confident expectation of salvation. And this expectation will not disappoint us. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.

The world is God's waiting room. While we wait, we learn better how to live. We gain composure, strength, humility, and a deeper appreciation for God's care in our lives.

1 Peter 1:6-9 Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to patient endurance , and patient endurance leads to godliness. Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone. The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. But those who fail to develop these virtues are blind or, at least, very shortsighted. They have already forgotten that God has cleansed them from their old life of sin.

Patience is like a chisel, shaping godly character. It is like the Potter's hands, molding us into a vessel the Lord can best use, teaching us patience is one of God's purposes in our lives.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis