Monday, December 15, 2008

Prayer and Action

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the overcast, but warm, day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside this morning, all I could see was clouds, but then, all at once, the full moon peeked through, creating a halo of light in the whiteness: amazing!

Yesterday, I saw a bird sitting on the light wire that I couldn't identify right away, so I looked in my bird book and discovered it was a kingfisher. They are pretty rare around here, at least in my neighborhood. Very perky looking. :o)

Well, I just had a slight interruption... virus scan and then a couple of nice rains , which I did not know were expected. We always can use the rain! God is good!

This reading is from Hymns from the Family of God:

Prayer and Action

God is not a personage who orders us to a prostrate ourselves before Him
-a radically false position-
but one who says:
" Stand up,
here is my task for you:
take it and get on with it."

God does not require incense from us;
what He does require
is that we should
listen and take action-
the true response of love.

God did not stop speaking two thousand years ago,
He speaks to you personally today
every time an inward voice asks you to do a kind or generous deed
or to suffer for the sake of someone else.

It is to you personally that God speaks at this moment,
and it is through you that He speaks when He inspires you to do some service.
Be brave enough to listen at first hand to what God says to you.

-John W. Harvey and Christina Yates

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis