Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The New Year

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the cold day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! BRRR! The last time I looked at the thermometer, it was still 43 degrees outside! WoW! That is the coldest day of the year, so far. Tomorrow is predicted to be the same, so I am happy and thankful for a warm house.

Because of the wind and cool weather, I did not visit the Park yesterday. We mostly stayed inside and watched the celebration in Wash. DC. It was nice that they cheered for my birthday! :o) I was also surprised to receive a beautiful bouquet of flowers in the afternoon from my sons and grandson... lots of pinks, purples and yellows! I am blessed.

A dear friend included this with her birthday card and I thought it worth passing on;

YESTERDAY... a canceled check

TOMORROW... is a promisory note

TODAY... is cash in hand: spend it wisely

God has promised me strength for today. So I begin 2009 free from worrisome days.

One of these is YESTERDAY. Yesterday with all its cares and fret, all its faults and unfulfilled dreams, has passed forever beyond the reach of my recall. I cannot undo an act that I have done. I cannot unsay a word that I said yesterday. All that it holds of my life is in the hands of God. Only He can bring honey out of the rock and sweet water out of the bitterest desert. Only He can make the wrong things right and turn weeping into laughter. Except for my treasured memories and those valuable lessons god has taught me, I have nothing to do with yesterday. It was mine, now it is in God's hands.

And the other day I do not worry about is TOMORROW. Tomorrow with all the possible burdens and challenges, its failures and mistakes-all of these are beyond my control. It is a day of God's. Its sun will rise in splendor or behind the dark clouds. All else is in the safekeeping of that infinite Love that holds for me the treasure of yesterday. The Love that is higher than the stars, wider than the skies, deeper than the seas. Tomorrow - it is God's day. It will be mine.

There is left for myself then but one day of the week-TODAY. With faith and trust in the Lord any man can fight the battles of today. Any woman can carry the burdens of just one day. Any man can resist the temptations of today. O friend, we break down only when we ourselves add to the burdens and cares of today carefully measured out to us by the infinite Wisdom and Might that gives with them the promise, "As thy day so shall thy strength be." It isn't the experience of today that drives men mad. It is the remorse for something that happened yesterday, the dread of what tomorrow may disclose.


These are God's days. Leave them with Him.

Therefore, with God's grace I journey but one day at a time. And while faithfully I run my course and work my appointed task, God the Almighty takes care of yesterday and tomorrow. "This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto these things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus... I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 3:-13-14,4:13

"This is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it" Psalm 118:24 "Boast not thyself of tomorrow for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth". Proverbs 27:1
Author Unknown.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis