Monday, March 23, 2009

My Morning Prayer

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the cool day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It seems that a "cold front" is coming through with the clouds and cooler wind blowing...must be a last of the cool air before summer, since this is spring already. :o)

I was able to take a nice walk Saturday morning and enjoyed getting out fairly early. I stopped at the gator spot and watched as Mama popped up out of the water, and then stopped at the new gator nest, but saw no activity. After walking to the tower, I was looking for maybe an osprey, but instead, saw something I had never seen before. A banded kingfisher swooped over the water and hovered for several seconds over the lake!! I was so excited! I have seen smaller kingfishers, but never a banded one hovering. God is good! Then, on the way back, I stopped again to check out Mama gator, and there was a baby! I only saw one, but it was wiggling under a bank.

When I came home, I checked in my bird book and, sure enough, banded kingfishers do hover! There was an illustration of one doing just that! I really was blessed!

I thought I would send a copy of My Morning Prayer again, which I pray every day; a good way to start the week...

"Oh, God, for another day, for another morning,
for another hour for another minute, for another
chance to live and serve Thee, I am truly grateful."
Do Thou this day free me
from all fear of the future.
from all bitterness toward anyone.
From all cowardice in face of danger
from all laziness in face of work,
from all failure before opportunity
from all weakness when Thy power is at hand.

But fill me
with Love that knows no barrier
with Sympathy that reaches all
with Courage that cannot be shaken
with Faith strong enough for darkness,
with Strength sufficient for my tasks,
with Loyalty to Thy Kingdom Goal,
with Power to lift me to Thee.

Be Thou with me for another day and use
me as Thou wilt for Christ's sake, I pray,
Amen

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis