Thursday, April 30, 2009

Psoaring through Psalms

Good Morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I stepped outside in the darkness earlier, there was Venus shining brightly through the trees, and another bright star shining in the southwest. Beauty in the darkness!

Yesterday on the way in to the Park, a black, shiny gator had just crawled up on the bank to bask in the sun, and we had just passed two peacocks, just outside the park. One peacock had his fan spread out and was preening, the other had his tail feathers dragging on the ground." Beauties and the beast". I started my walk and stopped to chat with two friends who were just coming off the boardwalk. Not many people were there yet, so I walked on to the tower and watched some skimmers flying about. I was hoping to see some ospreys, but they were not present.

I walked on back, just in time to see three different groups of school children coming , so I was glad to finish, instead of being in the crowd! God is good!

I talked to Francia, the teacher, later when I took some cake to her and Mike, and she is planning to retire June 4. It won't be retiring from work, however, as she will be a full-time caregiver for her husband, whose health is failing. I don't know what will happen to the schoolroom -whether they will get another teacher or what. Stay tuned!

Psalm 18-28-30
I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust:
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised;
so shall I be saved from my enemies.

For You will light my lamp;
the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
For by You I can run against a troop,
By my God I can leap over a wall.
As for God, His way is perfect;
The word of the Lord is proven;
He is a shield to all who trust in Him.
Psalm 18:28-30

Psalm 37:4-6
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis