Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Love

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Well, I went to bed hearing thunder in the distance and woke up to a clear sky and signs of rain during the night, but yesterday was warm and a good picnicking day.

We visited the cemetery where is was quiet and very warm, and ended up having hot dogs for lunch. I was flying our flag in honor of all our soldiers and armed forces people. We took a drive through the park and saw a peacock on the way in. There was a great blue heron by the bank, as usual, and people walking dogs and enjoying the good weather. It was a good day!

Then in the afternoon, I went shopping and came across two good friends,so we had a nice chat. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How will God help me love others more?

Galatians 6:8-10 Those who live only to satisfy their own sinful desires will harvest the consequences of decay and death. But those who live to please the Spirit will harvest everlasting life from the Spirit. So don't get tired of doing what is good. Don't get discouraged and give up. for we will reap a harvest of blessing at the appropriate time. Whenever we have the opportunity, we shoulde do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sister.

The Holy Spirit awakens our love for others. We can ask God to make us willing to love others--even those who are difficult--and God will hear our prayer.


How do I show my love for God?

John 15:10-11 When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that yu will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!

Our obedience expresses our love for God. This should not be confused with earning God's love by good works. We obey God because we are already loved, not in order to be loved. And as we obey, we are promised joy.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, love and joy!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis