Friday, May 15, 2009

Proverbs

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Well, another beautiful thunderstorm and rain last night. When I stepped outside this morning, the trees were still dripping and water was in the gutter. I heard what sounded like cicadas humming across the street, but the half moon was shining through the haze and everything looked fresh and green!

David mowed our yard yesterday, what's left of it, and it looks good. He always does a good job.
When I went into the park, we passed a peacock, with his tail feathers gleaming in the sun. I had never noticed before how iridescent the colors are when the light is on them. Beautiful! God is good!

That was the beautiful, but the ugly was all the trash that washed down from behind the houses that border the park. The canal was full of it. Not a good thing! But I am hoping it will soon be cleaned up.

I had a good walk in Walmart and picked a good day to go. While the parking lot seemed full, the store had not so many people in it, so I didn't have a problem getting through the aisles. Seems like they have widened the aisles and have less merchandise.. Hmmm.

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Proverbs 2 The benefits of Wisdom

My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understanding. Search for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to fear the Lord, and you will gain knowledge of God. For the Lord grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of justice and protects hose who are faithful to him. then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will know how to find the right course of action every time. For wisdom will enter your heart and knowledge will fill you with joy. Wise planning will watch over you. Understanding will keep you safe.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis