Thursday, November 5, 2009

Psoaring thru Psalm 138

Good morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the cool day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I saw the slightly less than full moon beaming brightly in the dawning sky, (I still do not like the time change) and acorns all over the porch and driveway as I stepped outside this morning. Guess I will have to get the blower out again and clear off the crunchies.

Yesterday I walked along the canal for a ways at the Park, and watched the still waters with hardly a ripple. A great white heron came walking majestically toward me, totally unafraid, but i slowly backed away, not wanting to disturb it. I also saw a hawk high in a dead tree. Funny thing;, they used to be everywhere over there, but I haven't seen any lately. Maybe I am not there when they put in an appearance. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Psalm 138
I give you thanks, O Lord, with all my heart;
I will sing your praises before the gods.
I bow before your Holy Temple as I worship.
I will give thanks to your name
for your unfailing love and faithfulness,
because your promises are backed
by the honor of your name.
Before I pray you answer me;
you encourage me by giving me the
strength that I need.

Every king in all the earth will give you thanks,
O Lord,
for all of them will hear your words.
Yes, they will sing about the Lord's ways,
for the glory of the Lord is very great.

Though the Lord is great, he cares for the humble,
but he keeps his distance from the proud.

Though I am surrounded by troubles,
you will preserve me against the anger
of my enemies.
You will clench your fist against my angry enemies!
Your power will save me.
The Lord will work out his plans for my life---
for your faithful love, O Lord endures forever.
Don't abandon me, for you made me.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis