Thursday, December 3, 2009

1 Corinthians 13

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We really had a rainstorm roar through last night, with loud thunder and pouring rain, but no damage was done around here, and we thank God for that! Rain is still dripping off the roof and trees, but the wind is still and quiet. I picked up lots of twigs and big branches that broke off the oak trees..the yard is always a mess after a strong wind.

Yesterday, I shopped at Walmart and just about got blown away going in and out! Surprisingly, there were few people there, and when I checked out, I walked right to a cashier with no customers in line! God is good!

As I drove through the park in the wind, leaves and sand were blowing everywhere, but the squirrels were not bothered and the turtle sunning on the bank paid no attention to the wind. Across the borrow pit lake, almost to the interstate, I saw a great white heron standing on the bank and reflected in the lake. What a beautiful, typical Florida sight! It was an awesome glimpse of God's beauty!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is not irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. Love will last forever, but prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge will all disappear.

It's like this: When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child does. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. Now we see things imperfectly as in a poor mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is impartial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God knows me now.

There are three things that will endure--faith, hope, and love--and the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 15:58
So, my dear brothers and sister, be strong and steady, always enthusiastic about the Lord's work, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis