Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Assurance

Good cloudy, windy, morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Seems like since the first day of March was nice and quiet and fairly warm that we should not be having the lion roar now. But I guess we are not over winter,yet. I am looking forward to spring and no heat, personally.

The frost-bitten leaves have really been falling and blowing all over the place since we have had so much wind. What a mess! Also, I found out who caused the deep ruts in the yards across the street and the slice off the front of my yard. It was the fire department truck! Yesterday a big ladder truck stopped out front and the men got out and started stomping the grass back in the groove. I stepped outside and one came over and introduced himself and said they had an emergency, a car was in the way, so they rode up on the yard to avoid it .

Doesn't sound plausible to me, since it looks like someone made a u-turn in the street, but anyway, at least it was not vandals.

The squirrels are having a good time with the millions of acorns that have fallen off the trees. One tried to be a dare-devil and run in front of the car as I was driving down the street. Fortunately, he made it! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How can I be assured of God's lasting care for me?

John 6:37 However, those the Father has given me will come to me, and I will never reject them.

John 10:28:30 I give them eternal life they will never perish. No one will snatch them away from me, for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. So no one can take them from me. The Father and I are one.

Lamentations 3:22-23 The unfailing love of the Lord never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness, his mercies begin afresh each day.

Our confidence is rooted in God's hold on us, not our grip on God. His mercy and love are eternally new and never exhausted.

How can i be assured of God's love in difficult times?

Isaiah 43:1-2 Now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says: "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you."

Life's circumstances don't come between God and his people. They don't get in God's way. Hard times are often when God reveals his infinite love and care for us.

I always thank God for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis