Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wisdom

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners, This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have clouds today instead of sunshine, but at least the weather has warmed up and it will be a great day!

I was kind of lazy rolling out of bed this morning, because of spending several hours in the ER with Brian. My dear friend, David, took me because Brian had called and said he was having symptoms of a heart attack and had called the paramedics. After testing, everything looked normal, so he was released and I got to bed (but not to sleep) about midnight. Praise God for warnings and answered prayer! So Brian is to make a doctor's app't today for a checkup and will probably be put on meds for BP control.
As for me, I can do without any more visits to the ER!

When I went to the Park yesterday, I saw the usual fat, black gator stretched out on the bank and people walking over to take his photo. I also saw an anhinga airing out the wings and a pretty white great heron wading in the water looking for lunch. Two peacocks were back in front of the house by the park entrance. I had not seen them in a while and didn't know if they were still in the neighborhood. But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

What are the benefits of wisdom?

Proverbs 9:10 Fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Knowledge of the Holy One results in understanding.

Psalm 111:10 Reverence for the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom. The rewards of wisdom come to all who obey him. Praise his name forever!
Wisdom is not simply knowing facts and figures; it is understanding that an all powerful, all-knowng God has designed a moral universe with consequences for our good and evil choices. Wisdom begins with understanding our accountability to and our full dependence on our Creator. It's not what we know, but who we know.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis