Friday, April 30, 2010

May is coming!

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have already had a few sprinkles, but now the wind is blowing and the puffy clouds are racing across the blue sky, and the sun is shining, so maybe no rain after all!

I went back out to Walmart yesterday to return the pillow I bought which was not satisfactory, picked up a few other things I had forgotten, and on the way back, I stopped in at the Park. I got out to walk a little bit, and saw Jill and Liz coming off the boardwalk. I stopped to look high up in the oak trees by the building, and discovered the hawks have another nest built. Saw and heard the anhinga perched on the maple stump...it almost seems to speak to the people who stop on the bridge to look at him. He has a peculiar caw for his call. Turtles were sunning on the bank of the weir again and a peacock was trying to ignore some people standing near talking. I think he hopes they are admiring him. :o)

It was after lunch time by then, so I went to Subway to get a chicken teriyaki sandwich and met up with Bud Brown! People I know are everywhere! God is good!

Since May is upon us and I won't be sending the email tomorrow, the following is a salute to May from an old Guideposts day planner;

A Prayer for May:

The rose is nature's gift of love,
And as I watch it bloom,
I marvel at the sweetness
of its delicate perfume.

My heart is filled with praise, Lord,
For this very special gift,
And the lesson that it teaches
When my spirit needs a lift...

It's a lesson that in spite of thorns,
The painful barbs of strife,
My faith can bloom as sweetly
Above the trials of life.
--Alice Joyce Davidson

In May as the earth comes to life with fresh color and new growth, God seems to be going oiut of His way to touch us with beauty and wonder, pouring an extra helping of blesssing into the world.

This month why not go out of your way and pour an extra helping of blessing into someone's life? Offer an extra portion of your time, money, concern or creativity. Jesus called bestowing such bonuses going two miles instead of one. He knew that being a two-miler makes the heart strong.
So, during May, grow strong in heart!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis