Monday, April 12, 2010

A Prayer

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I put the heavy blanket back on the bed, expecting colder weather over the weekend and was pleasantly surprised by the warm sunshine and dry weather! So, off with the blanket again, although my 95 year old uncle says he has not planted his tomato crops yet, because he is expecting one more freeze in Alabama. Hopefully, not here!

When I walked in the park, Friday, I saw lots of baby gators and Mama gator guarding them at the first shelter. The shelter was full of people just looking and taking photos, so it was a little difficult to get to the rail to look down. But it was a beautiful day and I am getting stronger. David, who does the yard, brought me a crooked, walking stick; the kind that the teacher at Sawgrass used to carry. I think it will be helpful in giving me more balance. I am anxious to try it out!

Yesterday, I saw a baby osprey sticking its head out of a nest high atop a light pole at Sawgrass elememtary school. They build nests everywhere! Have you noticed the gorgeoous Florida orchid trees blooming all over the city? This is the time of year when the azaleas and orchid trees bloom at the same time in a riot of color. Also, I noticed that I have an amaryllis bud coming up! God is good!

From Hymns for the Family of God:

Liberation from Materialism
Forbid it, Lord, that our roots become too firmly attached to this earth, that we should fall in love with things.

Help us to understand that the pilgrimage of this life is but an introduction, a preface, a training school for what is to come.

Then shall we see all of life in its true perspective. Then shall we not fall in love with the things of time, but come to love the things that endure. Then shall we be saved from the tyranny of possessions which we have no leisure to enjoy, of property whose care becomes a burden. Give us, we pray, the courage to simplify our lives.

So may we be mature in our faith, childlike but never childish, humble but never cringing, understanding but never conceited.

So help us, O God, to live and not merely to exist, that we may have joy in our work.
In Thy name, who alone can give us moderation and balance and zest for living, we pray.
Amen
by Peter Marshall

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis