Thursday, May 6, 2010

If My People

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I am expecting my tree trimmer to call saying he is on his way, and then the yard will be mowed later, so guess I am staying home this morning.

I had enough outings yesterday, though. After my walk in the park, I drove out to the Mall. When I got through there, it was lunch time, so I was glad to come home and collapse. Still don't have a lot of stamina, but getting better, praise God!

I am always amazed at how many blue jays are flying around here. I keep a bowl of water on the front wall, and they are always drinking and bathing in it! They get pretty huffy when any other bird tries to drink. The squirrels also come and drink out of it. They must get really thirsty after eating dry acorns all day! :o)\

I always see the baby osprey sitting atop the light pole at Publix, whenever I go there. The baby is as big as the parents, now, so soon it will be flying off. It doesn't look too secure to me, because there are only a few sticks left of their nest, but I guess it is home, sweet home to them. God is good!

Since today is the National Day of Prayer here is the verse from 1 Chronicles. We certainly all need to pray for our country, and government these days!

1 Chronicles 7:14
If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land.

Comparison (from Hymns For the Family of God;)

Jesus Christ is unique, and one cannot be in His presence and not reveal the man he really is. Jesus pulls each person from behind his mask. In the exposure of that bleeding love on the cross, men become what they really are.

You may think you are wonderful until you stand in the presence of the One who is purity itself. It is the pure light of God that pierces a man. You can keep up your pretense of being holy until you stand in the light. Then immediately there is nowhere to hide, all your masks are torn away, all your hollow smiles fade.

Revival means to be exposed for what we are. The presence of the Lord is revealing.
--Festo Kivengere

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis