Friday, June 4, 2010

Philippians

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It looks like we will have some more rain today after the thunderstorms last night. I went to bed with the sound of distant thunder in my ears, but then it got closer and the brilliant, flashing lightning was shining through the curtains, so I rolled over to try to get to sleep. We certainly needed the rain, though, and I am glad we got a good soaking.

I am expecting David C. over soon to mow and then wash the house, which still has a lot of pollen, dust and webs on it, but if it rains, I think he can skip the house washing.

We seem to have a new family of squirrels running up and down the oak trees. I don't know where they went while the trees were being trimmed, but they got busy right away and started building another nest, which means lots of leafy twigs on the ground. Very messy. It is cute to see them stretch to get water out of the bowl I keep on the wall for birds and squirrels. Lot of jays come to drink and a few mockers, but the jays don't like anyone else to drink. They are very aggressive! But God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Philippians 4:4 Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again---rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

And now, dear brothers and sisters, let me say one more thing as I close this letter. Fix your thoughts on what is true and honorable and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned from me and heard from me and saw me doing, and the God of peace will be with you.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis