Friday, July 23, 2010

A Prayer

Good morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Another hot day is predicted with maybe a little rain later on. But this is not the only place that is hot. I received the weather email from Tn, and they are warning people about the heat from there and how to keep cool. They are not used to have 100 degree heat index days. Since they are inland, they don't get the breezes like we do most days.

I had to go grocery shopping yesterday and didn't get going until after lunch, because David C. who does my yard came unexpectedly. By the time I got to Sweetbay, it was really hot, so I parked in the shade under a tree and walked a long way into the store. I should have taken an umbrella for shade while walking in, but I always slather on #45 sunblock before going out. I was really glad I parked in the shade, though, because the van was much cooler.

While I was outside (in the shade) talking with David after he mowed, we noticed a red-headed woodpecker in the oak tree, hopping around and pecking on the tree. I had not seen one of them in a while. Then a mocker flew to a branch just over our heads. When I drove to the park, I saw four ibis pecking around the trunk of one of the oak trees, but that was the only time I saw birds. God is good!

From Hymns for the Family of God hymnal;

Eternal Heavenly Father, we know that You are more eager to hear our prayers, than we are to pray them, and more concerned to respond to them than we expect You to be. Forgive us now with that complete pardon that eases the troubled conscience and replaces its sharp torment with a permanent peace. This we ask that Your risen Son may be more alive among us.
Amen -- Bryan Jeffrey Leech

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis