Friday, July 2, 2010

Psoaring thru Psalm 146

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We have had rain all morning, but my friend, my yardman came and mowed and edges in the sprinkle. He also trimmed the azaleas, which look much better.
However, before he left, I listened to his diatribe on why he doesn't believe in God. I told him I still pray for him, and he thinks that is OK, but he won't change his mind. He was raised in an ungodly home with sisters who have been in trouble with the law and a brother who is a drinker, so , although he was raised in a Catholic church, he still is convinced that he can get to heaven, (if there is one) he says, because he is a good person. Sigh. I have known him for about ten years or more, but I am not giving up on him! He still doesn't mind if I pray for him...says he is covering all his bases. Pray for him. His name is Dave.

I felt ambitious yesterday, so I vacuumed the house and mopped the kitchen floor, then ran a few errands and visited Publix, getting more than I went in for. Lots of cakes, decorated with red, white and blue, and cookies, the same and lots of picnic stuff prominently displayed. There was a short checkout line which I was waiting in, when an assistant mgr. opened up a register for me, so shopping really is a pleasure at Publix!

I went on to Sawgrass and saw very few people there, but it was shady and cool, so I parked and drank my bottle of water, (Thanks, Cheryl) I saw an egret looking for a tasty fish, but not much else. The city mowers were mowing around Lynch Lake near my house and lots of ibis were pecking in the newly mown grass and a couple of moorhens were walking on it, also. Mowing must stir up the bugs. God is good!

from The Message

Psalm 146
Hallelujah!
O my soul, praise God!
All my life long I'll praise God,
singing songs to my God as long
as I live.

Don't put your life in the hands of experts
who know nothing of life, of salvation life.
Mere humans don't have what it takes,
when they die, their projects die with them.
Instead, get help from the God of Jacob,
Put your hope in God and know real blessing!

God made sky and soil,
sea and the fish in it.
He always does what he says--
he defends the wronged,
he feeds the hungry.
God frees prisoners--
he gives sight to the blind,
he lifts up the fallen.
God loves good people, protects strangers,
takes the side of widows and orphans,
but makes short work of the wicked.

God's in charge---always.
Zion's God is God for good!
Hallelujah!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis Have a happy and safe fourth of July weekend!