Thursday, July 8, 2010

Psoaring thru Psalm 20

Good morning, dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I almost have to wear my sunglasses indoors for a few minutes each morning since our trees were trimmed! The sun comes in now under the branches and shines across the living and dining rooms, very brightly for about five minutes, now. Quite surprising how much difference a little trimming can do!

But it was good for the grass, because now where there was no sun and the grass died, now it is slowly growing back, so it looks much better. Not good, yet, but better. I haven't seen anyone else using their sprinklers lately. Our gutters are still running with water and it is oozing out of the driveways. We are wet!!

I could see over at the park where the water came up over the weir and lots of weeds were wrapped around the posts. Someone picked up all the trash, though, so it looked really good. I saw a bedraggled anhinga drying out on the concrete drive. For some reason he did not preen his feathers, so he looked unkempt. A great blue heron was fishing and the usual squirrels were scampering across the road and up the trees.They scare me sometimes, when they race out in front of the car! I am always afraid I will hit one. But they are swift and so far I have missed them. God is good!

Psalm 20 NLT;

In times of trouble, may the Lord respond to your cry.
May the God of Israel keep you safe from all harm.
May he send you help from his sanctuary
and strengthen you from Jerusalem.
May he remember all your gifts
and look favorably on your burnt offerings.

May he grant your heart's desire and fulfill all your plans.
May we shout for joy when we hear of your victory
flying banners to honor our God.
May the Lord answer all your prayers.

Now I know that the Lord saves his anointed king.
He will answer him from his holy heaven
and rescue him by his great power.
Some nations boast of their armies and weapons.
but we boast in the Lord our God.
Those nations will fall down and collapse
but we will rise up and stand firm.

Give victory to our king, O Lord,
Respond to our cry for help.


I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis