Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Opportunities

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I am a little later than usual this morning, because I felt so ambitious that I changed the sheets and put them in the washer before breakfast. I'm sure I will run out of energy very soon, though! :o)

I always find something interesting in the mailbox on on the porch. Yesterday, when I took the mail out, I noticed one of those little striped lizards clinging to one of the envelopes. It was only about two inches long, including the tail, but fortunately for me, I was able to brush him off before bringing him into the house. Then this morning when I stepped outside there was a plump little frog, hopping away from the door. I think he was probably under the mailbox, because that is where the outside light is left on all night, attracting lots of bugs. Yum.

When I went to the park, after my radiation treatment, all was peaceful with few people there. It's best to go early in the morning or in the evening if you want to avoid so much heat. However, we did have a nice little storm last night, and water is still dripping off the roof. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

How can I face challenging, sometimes intimidating, opportunities?

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.

Our ability to face challenges is rooted in Christ, not in ourselves. With Christ's help, we can make the most of every opportunity.

Revelation 3:8 I know all the things you do, and I have opened a door for you, that no one can shut. You have little strength, yet you obeyed my word and did not deny me.

We can trust that nothing will prevent us from fulfilling the opportunity God has for us.

How do I know that an opportunity is from the Lord?

Joshua 1:7-9 Be strong and very courageous. Obey all the laws Moses gave you. Do not turn away from them, and you will be successful in everything you do. Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed. I command you-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

Ephesians 5:15-20 Be careful how you live, not as fools but as those who are wise. Make the most of every opportunity for doing good in these evil days. Don't act thoughtlessly, but try to understand what the Lord wants you to do. Don't be drunk with wine, because that will ruin your life. Instead, Let the Holy Spirit fill and control you. Then you will sing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs among yourselves, making music to the Lord in your hearts. And you will always give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

God's opportunities conform to his word. Anything that contradicts God"s word i not an opportunity from God.

What does God promise to those who make the most of his opportunities?

Matthew 25-29
To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who are unfaithful, even what little they have, will be taken away.

God honors faithfulness in little things with the privilege of responsibility for greater things.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis