Monday, August 23, 2010

Psoaring thru Psalm 139

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It's a wet world out there this morning. I heard a gentle rain falling just about all night , but it looks like blue sky is peeking through and I think it will be a sunshiny very warm day before noon. That's just my prediction, and I am no weatherman. I thought I would have to go through rain to get to church yesterday morning, but just before I was ready to leave, the rain stopped and it was hot and sunshiny by the time church was over.

This morning when I stepped outside, a tiny frog, no bigger than my thumbnail went zipping across the porch! I don't know how those tiny guys move so fast! Speaking of tiny, a baby lizard went wriggling across the bathroom floor yesterday and headed someplace in this bedroom. I am not too happy about that, but who knows where he is now? Anyway, the rain is good. I took a different route back home after running errands the other day and came by Meadowlawn park, A very pretty park, with a flock of ibis and an anhinga stretching his wings out wide to dry. The problem with that park is there is no shade at all, especially over the play equipment. That's probably why the park was empty.

I also went to Sawgrass and saw the weeds getting taller and the grass growing so fast the mowing crew can't keep up with it. Can't complain because we have been through drought and God is supplying our needs now. God is good!

From Psalm 139 NLT:

O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my every thought when far away.

You chart the path ahead of me
and tell me when to stop and rest.
Every moment you know where I am.
You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
You both precede and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to know!

I can never escape from your spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the place of the dead,
you are there.
If I ride on the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night--
but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines on as bright as day,
Darkness and light are both alike to you....

Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of
everlasting life.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis