Thursday, August 12, 2010

Shortsighted

Good morning, dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Wet, wet, wet! Everything around here is wet. I am not complaining, because I remember when it was dry and I was praying for rain. Well, God supplies abundantly! I heard it raining a lot during the night, and everything is soaked today, so I guess the yard doesn't get mowed today. We have puffy clouds today and sunshine off and on, but will probably have more rain today.

Lots of really big white toadstools were popping up in the park yesterday, one of the only times I ventured out. A flock of ibis were covering one side of a berm and a few people were walking, but although there was a lot of sun in the afternoon, it was too hot for me to walk. My nose is very red now, and is very tender, but God is good!

From Quiet Moments with God:

Galatians 6:10 KJV As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men. Especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Do you miss life-changing opportunities because of shortsightedness? Consider this example:

A fellow approached a cab driver in New York and said, "Take me to London." The cab driver told him there was no possible way for him to drive across the Atlantic. The customer insisted there was. "You'll drive me down to the pier; we'll put the taxi on a freighter to Liverpool, and you; drive me to London, where I'll pay you whatever is on the meter."

The driver agreed, and when they arrived in London, the passenger paid the total on the meter, plus a thousand dollar tip.

The driver roamed around London, not quite knowing what to do. Then an Englishman hailed him and said, "I want you to drive me to New York." The cab driver couldn't believe his good luck. How often can you pick up a person who wants to go to New York?

When the passenger began to say, "First we take a boat..."the driver cut him off.

"That I know, But where to in New York?"

The passenger said, "Riverside Drive and 104th Street."

The driver responded, "Sorry, I don't go to the west side."

Jesus was well schooled in the Scriptures, and He often followed the traditions of His heritage. He also had a daily routine of praying and ministering to the needs of the people. However, He didn't allow traditions or personal preferences to stand in the way of carrying out God's will for the day.

Look for God-given opportunities to serve Him by serving others. Don't allow your daily routines, personal biases, or shortsightedness cause you to miss what the Lord wants to do in you and through you today.

A good deed is never lost:
He who shows courtesy reaps
friendship and he who plants
kindness gathers love.
Saint Basil

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis