Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Protection

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I know, I know it's later this morning. No excuses, except I got up at the same time and did my routine a little differently, so , at least, I got my praying in, and breakfast eaten.

Well, lots of thunder for a short while, but no rain last night, but we really did not need any for a while, as everything is still wet from the two previous rains. I went to the Park yesterday and all the weeds are flourishing, along with the grass. A turtle and three anhingas were sunning on the banks of the weir and ibises were busily pecking . as usual. Not many people there as school was still in session.

Later on, after my shopping trip, I saw a large osprey sitting on the line stretching across Turner's Creek, right across from Burger King. Maybe he wanted it his way! :o)
Also, I had a surprise visit from my sister-in-law who lives on the west side of town, so we don't see each other that often. We had a pleasant visit for a short while, until she had to go. It was good to see her. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Where can I find protection and safety?

Psalm 121:2-8 My help comes from the Lord who made the heavens and earth! He will not let you stumble and fall; the one who watches over you will not sleep. Indeed he who watches over Israel never tires and never sleeps. The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The sun will not hurt you by day nor the moon by night. The Lord keeps you from all evil and preserves your life. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.


Our protection is directly related to the character, competence, and capability of our protector. The Lord is unsurpassed in all areas. The Maker of heaven and earth is our personal protector. He never sleeps and never turns his attention from us. We walk securely because he guards our every step.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis