Friday, October 29, 2010

Deuteronomy 26:11 and a word from Abby

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! We were promised a cold front would come through and this morning, it is definitely cooler. Not cold, but very pleasant, with lower humidity. We so need rain, though. I hope God hears our prayers for rain and answers soon.

Well, God certainly had different plans for me yesterday morning than I had. Since my friend, David C. was coming over to mow, I asked him to pick up the new dryer from Sears outlet, which he did. After it was hooked up he tested it, and a loud clunking noise issued from the barrel as it turned. After an hour and a half, at least, of frustrating phone calls, trying to get someone to pick up the phone at the outlet, and then calling the 800 number, we decided to go out there with the dryer and exchange it for another. Then another wait of over 45 minutes for someone to wait on us. Seems they were having a big sale, and only two sales people were scheduled. Like many other businesses these days, they have cut service, so I guess they would rather lose customers than pay people to help. Anyway, the lone saleslady called the manager from somewhere and we finally got the transaction completed and left with the dryer. I told David they better hurry up, because I get mean when I'm hungry. He just grinned, because in all the years I've known him, he has never seen me get mean. We finally got back home here about 1:30 and got the dryer hooked up and it seems to work ok, although I was too tired to do laundry yesterday. But God was in control and He is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

"O Lord, I have brought you the a token of the first crops you have given me from the ground. Then place the produce before the Lord your God, and worship him. Afterward, go and celebrate because of all the good things the Lord your God has given to you and your household."

Words from Dear Abby:

Take time to work,
It is the price of success.
Take time to think,
it is the source of power
Take time to play,
It is the secret of perpetual youth.
Take time to read,
It is the foundation of wisdom.
Take time to be friendly,
It is the road to happiness.
Take time to love and be loved,
It is the privilege of the gods.
Take time to share,
Life is too short to be selfish.
Take time to laugh,
Laughter is the music of the soul.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis