Friday, October 8, 2010

Easin' thru Ephesians 3

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! It is a little too cool for me for just sitting still, but I am so thankful for this weather, because it will be warming up the next two days and we will have a last gasp from summer, I think.

I went to the park yesterday after doing some needed chores around the house and running shopping errands. I walked up the sidewalk in front of the memorial bench that has the quote "He leadeth me beside the still waters" and was standing there contemplating the circles in the water when the cart came up and stopped and the driver said, "I know you!." It turned out to be one of the employees who had worked many years ago at Sawgrass and was in on the goodies I used to take in for the guys in appreciation for all their hard work in keeping the park neat and clean. He wanted to talk, so we did for about fifteen minutes, then he had to get back to work emptying the garbage cans. He had a court ordered worker with him, but she didn't say anything. You never know who God will place in your path! I never did see what was making the circles and splashes, but that is for another day. I really did enjoy the cool, dry air! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

Paul's Prayer for Spiritual Empowering

When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we sould ever dare to ask or hope. May he be given glory in the church and to Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen,

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis