Friday, December 17, 2010

Be a Practical Christian

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will be glad and rejoice in it! And it is a beautiful day. Sun shining, and warmer today. Even if we get some rain tomorrow , it will still be beautiful along towards Christmas day.

I need to take time to bake cookies today, for the arrival of Daryl and Matthew sometime early Sat. morning.

I did some more shopping yesterday, and got my homeowners' insurance taken care of, so I don't have to worry about that. Lots of paper work.

While I was on my way to Gateway Mall, a huge bird swooped in front of the car, and I looked to see what it was, hoping to see an eagle, but it was only a vulture. Ugh, Not very pretty, but useful. I guess God created every creature for a use or purpose, but I haven't figured out the use of some of the pesky insects, yet...maybe to get minds to work to learn how to eradicate them. :o).

The maple trees are deep red now, and soon will be gone, I think. Also, I noticed a huge, old sycamore tree in the neighborhood which is losing leaves now, and they are very large leaves. I know my oak trees make a mess, but not like the sycamores. the wind blows them all over! But, as always God is good!
I will be taking a week or so off, while we all prepare for Christmas, and I pray everyone has a most blessed celebration of the birth of our Lord Jesus.

From the little devotional book Knowing God:

Pure and lasting religion in the sight of God our Father means that we must care for orphans and widows in their troubles, and refuse to let the world corrupt us. James 1:27 NLT

As Christians, we must so our best to ensure that our actions are accurate reflections of our beliefs. Our theology must be demonstrated, not only by our words but, more importantly, by our actions. In short, we should be practical believers, quick to act whenever we see an opportunity to serve God.

Are you the kind of practical Christian who is willing to dig in and do what needs to be done when it needs to be done? If so, congratulations; God acknowledges your service and blesses it. But if you find yourself more interested in the fine points of theology than in the needs of your neighbors, it's time to rearrange your priorities. God needs believers who are willing to roll up their sleeves and go to work for Him. Count yourself among that number.Theology is a good thing unless it interferes with God's work. And it's up to you to make certain that your theology doesn't

Great thoughts-
Had Jesus been the Word become word, He would have spun theories about life, but since he was the Word become flesh, he put shoes on all his theories and made them walk.
E. Stanley Jones

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis