Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Make God the Cornerstone

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I looked out the window about 7, all up and down the street was nothing but white from frost. My outside temp. read 41, so I know it was much colder other places. I used to walk in the park on mornings like this, with earmuffs, gloves and several layers of clothes on. I had fun scraping off the frost from the top rail of the boardwalk. But no more! These bones won't take kindly to the cold any more. I look forward to the thaw coming this week!

Taking down the Christmas decorations is going very slowly. I get just a little done, then have to give something else my attention. Hopefully, more will get done this weekend. But no one cares but me, so that is a good thing.

I went to the park yesterday and saw a lot of cars. It was a cold but beautiful sunshiny day, and I saw a few ibises pecking on the ground, some happy looking moorhens swimming in the canal, and once again, the sad looking woodstork brooding over the state of the nation. :o) Just kidding, but that's what they look like. But God is still on the throne and He is good!

From the little devotional book Knowing God:

For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer,but the Lord is against those who do evil. 1 Peter 3:12 NIV

Have you made God the cornerstone of your life, or is He relegated to a few hours on Sunday morning? Have you genuinely allowed God to reign over every corner of your heart, or have you attempted to place Him in a spiritual compartment? The answer to these questions will determine the direction of your day and your life. God loves you. In times of trouble, He will comfort you; in times of sorrow He will dry your tears. When you are weak or sorrowful, God is as near as your next breath. He stands at the door of your heart and waits. Welcome Him in and allow Him to rule. And then, accept the peace and the strength and the protection and the abundance that only God can give.

- Great thoughts-
Men give advice; God gives guidance.
-Leonard Ravenhill-

Today's Prayer-

Dear Lord, Your power, like Your love, is infinite. I thank you, Father, for the gift of eternal life through the sacrifice of Your Son Jesus. I will keep the promise of heaven fresh in my heart. And, while I am in this world, I will pass through it with Praise on my lips and love in my heart for You. Amen

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis