Thursday, December 2, 2010

Prayer and assorted thoughts

Good cold morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! When I arose this morning, the temp outside was 49, but a nice, warm 69 in my northside bedroom. The heat was kicking on regularly all night. It is warming up some but the wind is blowing and that makes it feel a lot colder.

I got a little more done around the house yesterday preparing for Christmas, but the problem is, most of the items are stored too high for me to reach, so I have to call in help, because it is not wise for me to climb on a stool any more. But, it will all get done one way or another. because God is good!

Not much going on in the park yesterday, and I was surprised not to see the barricades up for the boardwalk, because the wind was really blowing! Of course, with the shortage of help, there was no one to put up the signs. I saw a few turtles sunning and the anhinga drying out the wings on the tree stump by the bridge, but no other critters were visible. Maybe today the gators will come out for sun, but the water is probably warmer than the outside air!

A prayer from a friend:

Dear Jesus,
I long for my spiritual and physical life to become such a blend that I can not separate the two. I also desire to be a Lighthouse for your love with friends, neighbors, and extended family. I want to be able to do more for others than what I can accomplish on my own. I am so thankful for how I have been pulled out of the darkness and into the light. I am so thankful that You regenerate and prepare me for each day. What an awesome thought to know that I am your brother- and God's child. I so desire to receive power and direction from You in sharing hope and direction with other people. I come to You and give You my life today - seeking the love, guidance, power, and majesty of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Amen

Thoughts regarding Haggai, which scripture I sent Monday, I think;
God's word is full of promises for His children, but there can be conditional clauses. We can make the mistake to read a portion of His word that we want to lay claim to, only to miss out on His blessings because of our self-centeredness.

The words of Haggai are a warning as well as a blessing. We need to focus on the author of our faith and less on our own selfish ways. When we are able to focus our worship on HIM and on HiS plan for our lives, then the "details" of our lives get sorted out according to HIS will.
( Thanks again to my friend who sent this in 2003. Timeless truths.)

I always give thanks for you remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis