Monday, December 6, 2010

Psalm 100

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Actually, it was so chilly (45) this morning, that I woke up shivering under all my blankets and got up and put another one on the bed. It's supposed to be even colder tonight! Well, we don't have any white stuff, anyway, just leaves. The wind is my friend, because the driveway is blown clean ...bad side, they are all on the porch!

I saw lots of pretty Christmas lights on my way to a church meeting last night. I drove by Lynch Lake and the lights were reflected in it...very pretty! Mine won't be up until Thursday, when my yardman is coming to do some chores. However, Brian is coming over tomorrow to rescue a butcher knife I tried to cut an acorn squash with. I got it halfway in, and now it is stuck in the squash and I can't pull it out. Sounds silly, but stranger things have happened!

As I drove in the park Sat. I saw the fat gator sunning on the mud of the lake on the right side and the usual turtles on the left. Still lots of birds soaring around, escaping from the cold north, to the cold south. A flock of ducks and ibis pecking around and squirrels all fattened up on the plentiful acorns! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

A psalm of thanksgiving;

Shout with joy to the Lord, O earth!
Worship the lord with gladness.
Come before him , singing with joy,
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
He made us, and we are his.
We are his people; the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
go into his courts with praise.
Give thanks to him and bless his name.
For the Lord is good.
His unfailing love continues forever,
and his faithfulness continues to
each generation.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis