Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Psalm 32

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The sun is shining, the leaves are falling, and falling, and falling. Yes, it seems more like spring , but the leaves will fall then, too. I was sweeping the porch yesterday, and decided to keep them in a pile and add to it. Then I will get a bag and put them in it, because if I sweep them in the yard, they just have to be raked up from there. So, since they have only just started to shed, I will add more daily.

Yesterday, I did more putting away of Christmas, so I feel things are almost back to normal. I took time to run a couple errands and then went to the park, and saw again the big and little turtles clinging to the side of the weir and on the other side, the gator was curled up enjoying the sun. I've noticed he only does that when the water in the lake is low enough that there is mud for him to lie on. When the water is high, he doesn't come. The canal bank was lined with ibis busily pecking away, and the lone woodstork.

As I was sweeping yesterday, I noticed and heard lots of birds flying around and through the oaks. A red-headed woodpecker was circling one tree and what looked like a larger bird came swooping in. I decided it was only a dove, but a large one. I also saw a tiny wren on the ground flitting about. Looks like lots of birds have come down from the north. No delays in their flight schedules! God is good!

From Psalm 32 NLT:

Oh, what joy for those
whose rebellion is forgiven,
whose sin is put out of sight!
Yes, what joy for those whose record the Lord
has cleared of sin.
whose lives are lived in complete
honesty!

5 Therefore, let all the godly confess their
rebellion to you while there is time.
that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment.
For you are my hiding place;
you protect me from trouble.
You surround me with songs of victory.

The Lord says, "I will guide you along the
best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
that needs a bit and bridle to keep it
under control.

Many sorrows come to the wicked,
but unfailing love surrounds those who
trust the Lord.
So rejoice in the Lord and be glad, all you
who obey him!
Shout for joy, all you whose hearts are pure!

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!

Love and hugs,
Amaryllis