Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Assurance

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! Lots of sunshine today, but the weather turned colder overnight and we were only fifty when I crawled out of my warm bed. But I knew winter is not over,yet even though all the plants are budding out. I also heard on the weather report that our pollen count is highest in the country right now, even after all the rain. I can usually tell by the sneezing fits I have.

Once again, I have proof that there are no coincidences with God. I watched the widow of one of the officers slain two weeks ago, give a remarkable testimony on TV last evening. She describes how God has planned all the events and how she knows she will see her husband again one day. Her children are also strong believers, but the 5 and a half year old is having trouble understanding why his daddy won't be coming home again . She is planning to go back to teaching kindergarten today.

Well, when I sat down for breakfast I looked at my Daily Blessings calendar, and there was , in big letters, Companionship .
and above that was this...If there is a sense of God's abiding presence,
                                      you can walk through any trial. Loneliness is dispelled
                                         as his closeness comforts the soul.

I have found that to be true, and the widow's photo and testimony are on the front page of today's Times. Praise God for her strong witness. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:
How can I be assured of God's love in difficult times?

Isaiah 43:1-2 Now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says, "Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble,. I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up, the flames will not consume you." You are mine, you are precious in my sight."

Life's circumstances don't come between God and his people. They don't get in God's way. Hard times are often when God reveals his infinite love and care for us.
 

The assurance of God's love gives us courage to come to him with any problem, struggle, or concern. Our prayers are never interruptions to the Lord. When we knock, the door is always open to us.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis