Friday, February 18, 2011

Paul's Prayer

Good morning, Dear friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The moon was full last night, which usually causes me to have a fitful night's sleep, but since I was tired, I really slept well. And today is another beautiful one, already almost seventy! We are blessed!

Since I took my walk at Walmart yesterday, I did not have the energy to walk in the park. As I was walking from one end to the other at the big store, I was a little disturbed at how politeness seems to be a thing of the past. Even older men, who should know better, cut in front of me, and the women stop in the middle of the aisle, just looking, not caring that they hold up someone else. I did come across one polite person at the tea aisle, though. He was riding an electric cart and told a stock man that I had found a box of tea that was torn open. It was the kind I wanted, but the only one on the shelf. At least the stock man took it off the shelf, but guess I'll have to look elsewhere for the tea. Publix didn't have it, either.

Even though I did not walk in the park, I still drove there. I was looking for the bird's nest in one of the arborvitae that I saw a man photographing a couple days ago. I hope it has not been abandoned. I could see five white eggs in it. I didn't see the nest but maybe it was just covered up. Big and little turtles were on the bank of the weir again and the gator was high on the bank. The white egrets are so lovely against the gray mud and gnarly trunks and branches of the trees! The green leaves have not grown enough to cover the gray branches, so everything is still pretty stark. But my oaks have tiny green leaves, now, so spring is almost here! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:
Ephesians 1:15-23

"Ever since I first heard of your strong faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for Christians everywhere, I have never stopped thanking God for you. I pray for you constantly, asking God the glorious Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, to give you spiritual wisdom and understanding, so that you might grow in your knowledge of God. I pray that your hearts will be flooded with light so that you can understand the wonderful future he has promised to those he called. I want you to realize what a rich and glorious inheritance he has given to his people."

I pray that you will begin to understand the incredible greatness of his power for us who believe him. This is the same mighty power that raised Christ from the dead and seated him in the place of honor at God's right hand in the heavenly realms. Now he is far above any ruler or authority or power or leader or anything else in this world or in the world to come. and God has put all things under the authority of Christ, and he gave him this authority for the benefit of the church. And the church is his body; it is filled by Christ, who fills everything every where with his presence.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis