Tuesday, March 22, 2011

1 Peter 3

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! The lop-sided moon was still high in the southwest when I looked out as I arose, still a beautiful sight in the clear sky!

I decided to go walking early today as I used to, long ago, so I did my stretches and waited for daylight, went over to the park, and there was only one other car there, A couple walking their dog. I took my walking stick and crossed over the bridge, listening to all the birds who were out everywhere. I didn't know there were so many fuzzy shrubs in bloom, so although I had filled my pocket with tissues, I had used most of them by the time  I had gone just half way. I heard a rooster crowing across the canal behind the building,, but I never did see it. He sure was waking everybody up, though.  When I got to the overlook, I saw a large bird zip across the lake, so I looked to see if it was an osprey, but when he came back, I saw it was an eagle!! I was so excited! I haven't seen an eagle for over a year. It had something in it's mouth, so there must be a nest some place close.

The yellow barrier across the lake where the work is going on, was lined with ibises. Looks like they have claimed it for their own!  When I started back, only a couple people were on the boardwalk, so I broke trail. I sure hope spider webs are good for the complexion, because the little spiders had been busy last night! I paused on the bridge going back and a pileated woodpecker flew into a tree right in front of me! Beautiful red crest and black and white stripes on his neck. First time I had ever seen one, so I came home and looked it up in my Peterson's Guide. God is so good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:

1 Peter 3:8-12
Finally, all of you should be of one mind, full of sympathy toward each other, loving one another with tender hearts and humble minds. Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate when people say unkind things about you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God wants you to do, and he will bless you for it. For the Scriptures say,
If you want a happy life and good days,
keep your tongue from speaking evil,
and keep your lips from telling lies.
Turn away from evil and do good.
Work hard at living in peace with others.
The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right,
and his ears are open to their prayers.
But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
Amaryllis