Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hope

Good Morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! I noticed the wind has picked up and I just received a weather warning, to expect severe weather today, which is a surprise, although I saw the bad weather in the panhandle on radar on TV. Well, I can do without tornadoes and hail, but more rain doesn't hurt.

Yesterday when I went to the park, I saw lots of debris in the canal floating against the berm. It always washes down from behind the houses that back up to the canal. A lone turtle was trying to warm up on the bank, and as I drove on further I saw a large gopher tortoise hurrying at warp speed along the path. He definitely had a destination in mind.  The hydrilla is really choking the canal in spots, now, so I suppose the crews will have to get in the boat to spray it soon. The trees are all green, and the park looks really pretty. God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:
 

How can I have hope when times are tough?

Hebrews 10:23 Without wavering, let us hold tightly to the hope we say we have, for God can be trusted to keep his promise.
 

Our hope is rooted in God's integrity and faithfulness. When everything else falls apart we can cling to the fact that God keeps his word.

John 16:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.
 

Our troubles do not surprise the Lord and should not surprise us. Trouble is rampant in this fallen world. Our focus should be on Jesus who has overcome the world and all its troubles.

Romans 15:13 I pray that God who gives you hope, will keep you happy and full of peace as you believe in him. May you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
 

Our hope is rooted in the wonderful acts of God in creation and history. The Bible gives full testimony to the fact that God is able to deliver us from any and every circumstance. He will either get us out of it or bring us through it--for his glory and our joy.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis