Friday, March 18, 2011

Patience

Good morning, Dear Friends and Prayer Partners! This is the day that the Lord has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it! This is another of the string of beautiful days we have had and even though spring is not officially here yet, it is spring like weather Baseball starts soon, and the NCAA games are being played in Tampa, the beaches are full of spring breakers, so it really is spring in Florida!

Dave, my yard man came yesterday, and although the grass is not really growing yet, there is always something to do around the yard. Hundreds of baby lubbers, (those huge grasshoppers) are eating up my amaryllis leaves, and the worms are still hanging from the oak trees, but not as many. Strange plants grow up everywhere and need pulling, so something always needs doing. I appreciate having someone to do the work for me.

When I went to the park, later on yesterday, I saw the big tree trimming trucks just leaving, actually parked across from the workshed, so I guess they had been working, but I don't know where. I could see no signs of freshly trimmed trees, but they could have been working somewhere on the boardwalk. I watched a large turtle stroll across the road the other day, and watched to see that he made it ok before  I drove on. Then I watched a white ibis, very vividly standing out, against the gray mud and gray tree roots across the water. What a painting that would make!

Well, yesterday, I had no sooner sent the gator bytes email out, than my friend, Karin, called and said she had left over corned beef and cabbage if I wanted it. Of course, I did, so she and Jim brought it over, and I enjoyed it for supper. It was good, and so thoughtful of her to think of me! Thanks, Karin! God is good!

From the Promise Bible NLT:
 

Where can I find the resources to be patient?

Galatians 5:22 When the Holy Spirit controls our lives, he will produce this kind of fruit in us; love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.
 

The Holy Spirit produces patience in our lives. As we relax and trust in Him, we release our need to control life's circumstances.

Colossians 1:11 We also pray that you will be strengthened with his glorious power so that you will have all the patience and endurance you need. May you be filled with joy.
 

Prayer infuses patience into our lives. When we admit a need in prayer, the Lord begins to meet that need.

Psalm 37:34 Don't be impatient for the Lord to act! Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you, giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed.
 

Patience comes from simply trusting God day by day. Even when we don't think we can last very long, Christ gives us the strength to "travel steadily." Our commitments to faith and obedience will keep us on God's path for longer than we thought possible.

I always give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers with thanksgiving, joy and love!


Love and hugs,
 Amaryllis